Every individual has his/her own preferences when it comes to food. Carrots are one of mine and I have used and misused carrots in all possible ways in my kitchen. Be it in baking, curries, raitas, desserts, or just plain carrots. I make sure my refrigerator is loaded with these little wonders, round the year.

Few years back my co-sister let me know of this carrot recipe, since then I am hooked on to this irresistible classy carrot rice.

Desserts

Over the years I have developed countless ways to make this dish, each one tasting better than the other. My personal favorite is the one I am going to write about, reason being it is the quickest and simplest to make when I am at loggerheads with time.

For the recipe : one serving,

Ingredients :

* One cup cooked rice

* 1/2 cup grated carrots

* 1/2 tsp coriander powder

* 1/2 tsp garam masala

* 1/2 tsp mustard

* white urad dal (de-skinned black gram)

* a pinch of salt

* 2 tsp oil

* a pinch of asafoetida (hing).

* 1 tbsp fresh coriander

Method : Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard & urad dal and let it splutter. Add carrots and all the dry powder, stir it for a minute and take off the flame. Mix-in the rice, decorate with fresh coriander.

Note : Do not let the carrot cook for long to retain the crunch in it.

Carrot rice has become a regular in my kids' lunch boxes. When packed along with a few homemade chips the dish is polished off quickly leaving no traces behind!! Try this classy carrot rice, you will be in for a surprise.

For more lunch box options like this check litebite lunchboxes in litebite.in

Learn How to Cook a Classy Carrot Rice in 5 Minutes

http://www.litebite.in

Categories: , ,