Finding good diabetic desserts and foods that your doctor would approve of can be quite difficult. Because of the limited sugar and carbohydrates that my doctor advises me to have, it is quite difficult to find sugar free and low sugar desserts that work with my diabetes.

That is why I would like to share the possibilities that are opened with the use of Splenda. You can convert almost any dessert that you love into a Splenda dessert that won't be as high in sugar. You can do this by taking a cake recipe for example, and substituting the sugar with Splenda. This can be done with almost every dessert that you could think of. This could include brownies, cookies, and ice cream. Before trying these desserts you should consult your doctor in order to see if they are OK for you to consume. Once you get the go ahead it is also important to eat in moderation.

Desserts

In my opinion, eating in moderation is the key to controlling diabetes. My dietitian and endocrinologist always preach to me about the importance of eating in moderation. They advised me that it was ok to have almost any food that I would like as long as I ate in small portions. This goes to the whole idea of eating more, small meals a day rather than a few large meals. I hope that by contacting your doctor and getting on the right meal plan will help you to find the right meals and desserts. I know that when I found a good sugar free dessert, it really brightened up my day.

Diabetes Dessert


I hope this article on Diabetes Dessert will help you to find a good sugar free dessert.

Categories: ,